Monday, February 27, 2012

Great Teachers







     I began taking classes from Del Parson in the fall of 2009.  He has taught me so much.  He is a very successful artist but spends hours each week commuting and teaching at Dixie State College.  I try to take a class from him whenever I can.  He is kind enough to let me come in late because of my work schedule. Above are some examples of my practice from 2009-2011. Hopefully now that I'm working at my easel at least 5 times a week I'll start to see more improvement.  I am trying to overcome a mental block with color and value.  Again, I need more practice...then why am I working in charcoal right now? (I guess because I like it!)


    Another great teacher is LDS apostle and member of the First Presidency,
 Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf,
He said, "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul.  No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before...We were created with the express purpose and potential of experiencing a fulness of joy.  Our birthright--and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth--is to seek and experience eternal happiness.  One of the ways we find this is by creating things...we all have talents and gifts, every one of us...Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before--colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter...As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."

1 comment:

  1. Ester, your art is breathtaking your writing inspiring!! Love your blog! Jodi:)

    ReplyDelete