Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Leadership

     This steely-eyed pitcher was born the star of two families.  We impatiently waited a few years for his arrival as first-born grandchild.  Our family of adults would lay him on the floor on his blanket, surround him and watch his every movement in complete and loving adoration.  He began the "baby boom" in our family.  Now the leader of twelve (24 with both families) he will preform many "firsts" for our grandchildren.  He was the first to be baptized, he will be the first to receive the priesthood, and we look to him to be first to serve his Savior and Heavenly Father on a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Is that a lot of pressure to lay on one young man's shoulders?  I don't think so.  I know he is up to the challenge.  Whatever he does, he will do it well and we will be proud of him.  "And a little child shall lead them." (Isaiah 11:6)
     I can't fully express the love I feel for each of the little faces that I am drawing as part of my "grandchildren series."  So much spirit and personality is prepackaged in each of their precious bodies.  I once had a dream about my own children.  Their spirits were glowing with incredible light.  What a privilege it is to be a mother and grandmother, to share my values, my faith, and my unconditional love with them.  Whether we are blessed with children of our own or not, women can nurture and influence others for good.


20 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment