Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Thinker

    
      My third grandson just turned five years old.  So far he hasn't been too interested in sports.  He likes to think...
about Mario Brothers.  He has learned to ride his bike without training wheels and hopeful parents have signed him up for karate lessons and t-ball.  He is starting to read and likes his Super Kids preschool in his new neighborhood.  He originally began the school year as one of my preschool students where he announced to the class that I wasn't really a teacher, just grandma.  What a great kid!  He paid me the best compliment ever when he told his cousins that he was going to marry me.  I couldn't ask for better than that!  I hope I have done justice to his handsome little face.
     I've heard a lot lately about how our thoughts influence what we are and what we will become.  It takes many, many positive thoughts to undo one negative thought.  My grandson is entitled to childish thoughts--he is a child.  But I am no longer a child and I'm still struggling to be a grown-up.  I think we have truly mastered ourselves when we can control our thoughts.  To have a mind filled with uplifting, pure and positive thoughts--  that would be a great accomplishment.  Since I'm not in that category yet I'm starting to add that to my daily prayers- to think positive is to be positive.




25 hours

2 comments: