Saturday, March 24, 2012

"The One"

         This beautiful pastel of the St.George temple was done by the talented son of dear friends of mine.  I love his view of the temple.  He is inviting us once again to look up!  I thank him for allowing me to post it.


     In the middle of each hectic week I am privileged to serve for a few evening hours at the St.George Temple. I have no doubt this building is a sacred place.  Many experiences have assured me of my Heavenly Father's love for me and for all of his children.  It is amazing the many times that events fall into place, little "coincidents" that have a great affect on one person or a small group.  A friend and fellow ordinance worker recently shared an experience.  She had made an error that would cause a problem for several people.  She was devastated and embarrassed. Her first thought was to leave the temple and go home before she could make any more mistakes.  A distinct impression told her she should stay.  As she continued to serve that evening she was overcome with a feeling of comfort.  She began to see, understand, and feel Heavenly Father's love and words with an amazing clarity that she had never experienced before.  It was a night she will never forget.
     When I am serving at the temple I am able to refocus, forget about the world, and remember what is important in the eternal scheme of things.  I feel peace in knowing He loves "the one."


No comments:

Post a Comment